December 8th, 2015
If you’re lucky enough to have your very own outdoor pool, chances are that you don’t make the most out of it during the winter period. The cold weather and even colder water is enough to put people off – but if you knew the benefits that a cold dip can bring, you might change your mind and jump right in!
Here are just 5 of the health benefits swimming in old water could bring you:
- Swimming in chilled water makes you feel better. How? The water stimulates cells just beneath the skin, increasing heart rate and giving you a physical boost
- Cold water is a natural pain killer. Cells act like cold sensors, triggering bursts of adrenaline and diverting attention away from any aches and pains that you may have
- Swimming in cold water can help you lose weight as it makes your body work twice as hard to try and keep you warm – enabling you to lose more calories in the same period of time
- Cold water swims can boost your immune system and help your body fight infections
- Swimming in cold water can even lead to better sex! This is because it causes a rise in testosterone and oestrogen
Make the most of your pool
If you are now thinking about having a cool swim the first thing you need to do is make sure that your pool is safe. If you are looking for a new pool surround, leading suppliers London Stone are sure to have a perfect option for you. Their coping stones will not only provide you with a safe flooring solution but will also enhance the look of your pool and add value to your home! Please feel free to contact them today on 01753 212 950 to speak to a member of their team.